Wednesday, September 7, 2011

[FREE] All-Star Academics

During this summer, I did community service at a place known as All-Star Academics. All-Star Academics is a summer camp and an after school program for kids in kindergarten through eighth grade. During the summer, I worked on Thursdays and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. I got six hours each day and I got a total of ninety six hours from working there. Working here is pretty tiring and intense because the kids there are hard to control. Loud, obnoxious, rude, and crazy is what describes the younger kids. As for the older kids they are more behaved, honest, and kind. When I volunteer there for the summer, they learn new things about math or science. They also have work to do. If they don't understand it, the volunteers and the teachers will help them so they can understand the problem. These kids may look very smart and playful, but on the inside they are actually little demons.

Now this place, I don't like working here. I don't like working here because it is very difficult to do and I usually get tired. I have asked people over there and some agree with me. The only reason why people would work here is to just get there community service hours. Once they got the hours they would leave and never come back. I worked there just to get the hours and because my mom wanted me to do something for the summer. But it wasn't all bad. I had only one friend that I knew who worked there on the same days as me, so I would talk to him. Soon I made new friends and I got along with them. This place is all right though, but if you want to work here, then go ahead and you will feel the pain that have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment