Thursday, October 20, 2011

[RE] Cartoon Comics

This is like my second comic website that I had read in my life. The one thing that I love about this website is that it takes the first, original cartoon shows ,such as, Samurai Jack or Powerpuff Girls, and do a crossover when they are like a couple years older. The thing that intrigues me the most is how the artist combine the traditional american cartoon style and anime style.
Alex Lau and I like to read this type of comic. Its very similar to manga. Getting cartoon shows and turning them into comics is a unique idea. Its unique because the author is taking many shows and transforming their styles different from the television series. The author also does a crossover which makes it fun. In the actual television series, they wouldn't do much crossovers, but with this comic, cartoon characters are meeting other characters and would learn about them. Like Alex said, the artist combine the American cartoon style with Anime style. Doing this transformation gives the viewers a different look and are comparing to the actual shows. I would recommend this to everyone since they can see the difference and learn the amazing storyline.

I started taking an interest in this when my sister was reading this. I was in the fourth grade and looking at what she was doing. She was reading cartoon comics! I was amazed by it and I had to find the website for this. She told me and I started reading it everyday. Starting from chapter one to the current one took forever. Eventually I caught up and waited for the new ones. By the time I was in seventh grade, I had stopped reading this because I forgot what the website was called. Last year I remembered it and returned to reading it. There were new comics out and new pages of the old comics. I quickly caught up to it and now I'm still reading it. I only read three of these comics: Powerpuff Girls, Sugar Bits, and the Grim Tales. These are may favorites since it talks about the cartoon shows I watched before and the artwork is very good. The link to the comic is this sentence!

No comments:

Post a Comment